The FL Studio thread (share tips, tricks, secrets etc.)

Don't know if you guys use them, but I find keyboard shortcuts very useful. Once you get to know them they really save you time clicking around.
I made a little sheet you can print and put somewhere you can easily have a look when you're working in FL Studio.
You can download the shortcut sheet here

Don't know if you guys use them, but I find keyboard shortcuts very useful. Once you get to know them they really save you time clicking around.
I made a little sheet you can print and put somewhere you can easily have a look when you're working in FL Studio.
You can download the shortcut sheet here
Nice one mate, I need that!

a little extention on indi's wub wub bit....

if you want to automate a control on a non fruity vst effect/instrument......

open fruity peak controller

then get your plugin and click the plugin options (lil pic of a plug in the top left corner of the plugin)

go to "link to controller" and select the control you want to automate and link it to the PEAK control

you can now automate your unautomatable control with the the peak control :)

you can also do the same by linking to the xy controller and the formula controller

hope ive explained this ok :bruce:

this is all gold, keep the tips coming. i've just switched to fruity loops from acid pro coz i really struggled to make it do what i needed, but i now know indi is the man to go to for all my fruity problems

free virtual tape delay:
http://www.uv.es/~ruizcan/p_vst.htm

found it the other day, pretty good i think :)

elotxl13-298h.jpg

ELOTTRONIX XL
VST plugin which emulates the famous Robert Fripp's effect called "Frippertronics": two Revox B-77
making a continuous loop. This enhanced version adds many new features: 80 seconds maximum
delay, Delay and LFO Pan now syncable to host, Biquad X filters, Tape noise generator...

hope this helps :)

Don't know if this is already posted somewhere, but check this thread at DOA on how to make some dirty bass sounds by splitting your sound source up in different frequencies and applying some different filters on each freq.

thanks lads, i know a few of those plugs and the interruptor delays are fantastic, but i meant how to do it yourself in flp,
to feed a delays delay into the delay sort of thing, make a feedback loop. dont know if its possible without coding something really. anyway, sorry for thread jack, this is flp tips, not questions.

You can route channels, so if you have a delay on channel 1 and another one on channel 2 you can route the fx from 1 to 2 if that's what you mean...

for those that are interested, heres some samples from a 1980's fender squire bullet guitar, in a zipped loop file, all layered up and ready to go

there are 36 individual notes, they are all assigned to the right notes on the keyboard, all have the envelopes turned on with no attack and the hold is on full, the decay and sustain are set to the default fruity setting

to use, open the zipped file in fruity, the click on the layer channel at the bottom of step sequencer, click the lil wave pic in the top left corner of the channel settings and then click "save layer state as"

you now have a 1980s fender guitar on your computer, now all you gotta do is start growing your hair :slayer: :pat:
here it is: (4.04mb)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fxmqfo

i might upload some more instrument layers soon if anyones interested....

by the way, just thought i should add that i got the samples from someone called "ish" on versionist.com and heres some info on them you might wanna know......

44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Mono
1980's Fender Squier Bullet, Bridge Pickup, Volume 10, Tone 7
M-Audio Firewire 410 Direct In
Running through Roland Space Echo RE-201 Spring Reverb
Light Compression
E1-D#4
36 .wav files

oh and their great for making reggae/dubby sounding stuff ;)

Gotta love this thread. did a quickly review on the pages on this thread and learned a couple of this.
i'll post 2 or 3 tuts in a sec, just reinstalling the rc6 version, had crappy rc4. Laters.

How to Make Wobbly Bass using LFO

Whack your bass into a mixer channel and then put a Fruity Filter onto it.
Then put a Peak Controller onto the bass. Go to the Filter panel and right click on the cut-off knob.
Click Link To Controller and a box should appear. Click on the popdown menu for Internal Controller and choose Peak Control - LFO.
Then go back to the Peak Controller, turn the mute off and fiddle with the knobs in the bottom section.
You can choose the waveform for the LFO, adjust the speed and adjust how much filter cut you want.

Dicking around with this should give you the WUB WUB sound

Great but think it's way to difficult and you can't fully create a wobbling sound imo.
This is an easier way (imo):

1) Import your bass into the step sequencer.
2) Make your melody on piano roll or whatever.
3) Click your bass in the step sequencer (now you see a box 'Channel Settings'
4) in the appeared box, go to INS

Now choose Volume and/or Pitch (for you to choose what sounds best) and play a bit with the knobs, choose whatever LFO shape you want,... blahblah, let's wobble!

ya kno i usually use FL to make sum hiphop beats but i think i might even try to make sum DnB! i'll give it a go nd show it if it's decent enuff!!! tho i'm not too good with FL the tips have been a great help after reading on, will really reinvent my bass samples! thanks

Back
Top Bottom