The History of Drum and Bass

What can I say except

PLAGIARISM

You ripped off the wiki article.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

WELL FUCKING DONE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_drum_and_bass
CTRL + C PLUS REWRITING SOME SENTENCES.

You copy and paste nob. I used to regularly catch students doing this kind of shit and guess what - they got failed.

Writing is not ctrl + c plus rewording.

Oh and the reason I can call you a nob? Because I spent dozens of hours working on both articles to make them as good as they are - for instance adding a hundred or so references (researching my ass off). Plus a shitload of other people put in significant contributions - I'm not claiming to have 'written' the articles even though I may have put in the majority of editing/referencing/formatting work.

You took the dozens of hours of other people's work, condensed it, rewrote a little and call it your own work.

Do you also edit other people's mixes and call them your own?

Last edited:
hahahaha!! Dustek is on his war path again! Everyone hide! hahaha.

Not cool though! Taking someone else's shit and calling it your own...... Not a good look.

Why would you rip it from Wiki anyway?? surely you must know that people on this forum will have actually read the wiki article??

hahah... sorry you didnt get the reaction you was looking for bro..... but next time..... write your own stuff.

I must admit I'm a bit more pissed off the last week then I have been for a while. Then again anger is an energy (to quote the Sex Pistols) and I'll utilise it for appropriate purposes.

hang on... did D not write the wiki??? cuz i'm gettin the idea it wuz his to start with... so he'd know it if it was plagarised... and uh...
and don't be startin with the p word and a lawyer... really don't! ooohh someone's gonna get shot for this one...

Just to be clear, those wikis are not mine - they would not exist if not for a lot of effort on other peoples' parts. I did however put in a lot of work that I'm proud of.

Ouch. I wouldn't say I plagiarised it. I used the wikipedia page and other sources to help create it but didn't actually steal any of the text. It's all in my own words I think you'll find, reading through the wikipedia piece did teach me a few things though so perhaps some of the additional bits I added to my own knowledge base are a little too similar to the wikipedia article.

I'll re-read the wikipedia article, see what conclusions I can come to. Calling me a 'nob' though - do you really teach? I find this hard to believe.

Oh, and if I genuinely had copied and pasted chunks of text do you really think I'd be advertising my article here? I wouldn't wish to plagiarise anyone's work - I'm sorry that you think I did but really I didn't.

What is it exactly that you take exception with in my article? And don't just say 'all of it', I want to know exactly what you believe to be plagiarised. As I say; several website sources were used to gather data as well as various magazine pieces.

I would never directly steal anything, and can 100% say that there was no copying and pasting used here.

Everything that is on your article is ripped off the wiki page.

Almost every single sentence is copied off (with slight rewording) the wiki article.

You did not use the wiki article as a source, you plagiarised you untalented CTRL+C cheat.

And mate, I used to teach because I spent the time to gain knowledge. I spent countless hours pouring over books to reach my own conclusions. I did not control+paste my knowledge.

Lets see, I spent around a hundred hours reading the references and sources to edit the articles you ripped off. You spent around an hour

You are a thief. Do you really want me to carry out a sentence by sentence analysis of your thieving article which will show no new content compared to the wiki article?

For instance, guess who thought up the phrase "jungle old guard"? It wasn't somebody with the initials RL.

Even the headings on the sections are copied from the wiki article (ahem, ahem, cough, structure as well).

You are pathetic, you untalented plagiarist. Why don't you admit you stole your text. I am shocked at your lack of intellectual honesty. Can't you admit to yourself that you stole the entirety, let me repeat that, the entirety of your text from the wiki articles? I cannot find any new content in your article.

Will you change your text or do you want an action under the wiki licensing terms?

Do you?

Last edited:
Oh, and if I genuinely had copied and pasted chunks of text do you really think I'd be advertising my article here? I wouldn't wish to plagiarise anyone's work - I'm sorry that you think I did but really I didn't.

What is it exactly that you take exception with in my article? And don't just say 'all of it', I want to know exactly what you believe to be plagiarised. As I say; several website sources were used to gather data as well as various magazine pieces.

I would never directly steal anything, and can 100% say that there was no copying and pasting used here.

You directly stole everything. There is almost not a sentence there that does not appear in the wiki article.

Why would you advertise it here? Perhaps because you have no idea that what you did is reprehensible. Do you even realise that you cannot take a piece of text and then slightly change it and call it writing?

Several articles my arse. I read 70 to edit both articles.

Let me tell you this my mate, in a court of law your arse would be on a hot plate.

Last edited:
Do you want me to carry out a sentence by sentence analysis of every line in 'your' piece vs the wiki texts? I would but I normally charge 300 quid an hour for that. So let me limit myself to repeating again, in a forum that you cannot arrange to have edited:

RichLeigh's 'article' on 'the history of drum & bass' is almost a word for word copy of two wikipedia articles written by varied contributors.

Last edited:
I've removed the 'old guard' comment; I'll agree that this was your words and I apologise for this.

I do encourage that you re-read what I've written. I've cited the wikipedia article as a reference.

I do not want for any action to be taken. As I say; I do encourage that you re-read what I've written. I do not feel that I've plagiarised and am sorry that you feel this way.

Hmm.

Lets see:

1) spending time (=money) chasing you for ripping off this article.

2) Or cuddling my son, producing music, writing, driving, cooking, yoga or playing GTA.

Now if I was getting paid my hourly rate, 1) would be an option. A pity. But I'll satisfy myself with the thought that the wiki article is read by a legion more of visitors. And it is of a much higher quality. And it is often copied (though not so blatantly). So, when I rewrite it (if I ever do), I'm sure a dozen such artists as you will attempt to present it as your own original thought. Well done mate.

Oh and your rewriting style is not so bad. Try to write some own stuff. You don't need to nick from others.

I do sincerely apologise. It wasn't an intentional steal. I am intending to re-write it though. You've made me think twice about how much of that is actually my own input as opposed to rehashed wording.

I can imagine how annoyed I would be if I felt that someone had borrowed a little too heavily from any of my work. I really don't like to think that I've ripped off your work here but I can see where you're coming from and as I say; I shall re-write and re-mould the article.

Plagiarism is not cool.

I do sincerely apologise. It wasn't an intentional steal. I am intending to re-write it though. You've made me think twice about how much of that is actually my own input as opposed to rehashed wording.

I can imagine how annoyed I would be if I felt that someone had borrowed a little too heavily from any of my work. I really don't like to think that I've ripped off your work here but I can see where you're coming from and as I say; I shall re-write and re-mould the article.

Plagiarism is not cool.

respect mate. re writing yours sounds like a good idea. maybe you should find a few more sources as well.
Dustek is completely right, even just glancing over the two articles, the similarities are plain as day.

get back to us when youre done though, cos even dustek has put a call out for more info on the topic. if you come up with anything new to add, im sure he'll want to include it in the wiki article (properly referenced of course) :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom