Exact process of a reece.

somekindof

What is the general method for making a reece? I've tried it in flp with 3xosc but it just sounds crap. Can anyone give me an example project file for flp or cubase?

I got as far as detuning two osc's, resampling and pitching apart. Should I filter pre-bouncing? how far should I pitch apart after resampling? any pointers welcome.

somekindof said:
What is the general method for making a reece? I've tried it in flp with 3xosc but it just sounds crap. Can anyone give me an example project file for flp or cubase?

I got as far as detuning two osc's, resampling and pitching apart. Should I filter pre-bouncing? how far should I pitch apart after resampling? any pointers welcome.
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=19928&highlight=reece

:)

somekindof said:
I've already read that post and it's no help. I need an example or method :). Where to I filter, pitch etc
I can see 3 or 4 in there myself? Hmmm.

After further reading I've found out you're right, but be warned; you won't always be right... One day...

oh and thanks

Patey's easy recipe for simple FL Reece.

1. Drop down two saw-sine waves (packs/shapes/misc).
2. detune one ten cents - and the other ten cents +
3. write your bass melody on one of them, then copy it over to the other as well.
4. add the right EQ, throw on some distortion (antares tube vst :D), some flanger, chorus, ad whatever you think sounds nasty
5. compress
6.shake/stir, serve chilled.

Volia.

Well...thats how I usually start out when making one.

Last edited:
AaronPatey said:
Patey's easy recipe for simple FL Reece.

1. Drop down two saw-sine waves (packs/shapes/misc).
2. detune one ten cents - and the other ten cents +
3. write your bass melody on one of them, then copy it over to the other as well.
4. add the right EQ, throw on some distortion (antares tube vst :D), some flanger, chorus, ad whatever you think sounds nasty
5. compress
6.shake/stir, serve chilled.

Volia.

Well...thats how I usually start out when making one.

is there any chance that some one could explain the process of making a reece bass in more detail word by word so i could save this page make one myself

i dont have a clue:eek: what the first bloke was going on about pitchin apart, filter pre-bouncing an all that but im all ears and eager to learn

sorry if im a pain:mad:

Back
Top Bottom