Samples in DnB

I get this alot. There are songs that I hear and then i watch a movie or something that has the sample in it and im like "HEY..thats from (whatever)". Name some songs you did that for. Here are a few of mine.

Technical- Itch Retribution (Audio Remix)...(Mecahnical whirr noise near the begining of the song is actually from the remake of war of the worlds.)

Limewax - Agent Orange (most of the sound clips from that song are from lord of the rings, mostly return of the king, noticed as I was watching that movie yesterday)

Limewax - Onkey (Most of the samples are from dune.)

Dieselboy - Invid (The "Control" sample is morpheus from the matrix)

I'll post more if this thread continues, anyone have any?

psycho killa off bad taste 2 samples sin city as do about four other tracks i've got but i don't remember the names of. that's just a good film for sampling.

watched scarface last night, bought to mind tru playaz anthem.

*all i have in this world is my balls and my word... and i don't break 'em for no one*

Muffler - Showdown ... man yelling to god to "come and get me haaaaaahahahaaaa" is from Forrest Gump (the crippled guy shouting in the mast of the fishing boat)

Noisia & Teebee - Lost Cause ... is from Sin City, and the "we'll all be slaves" part is also used in Limewax - Slaves

Audio - I Found You ... samples from A Scanner Darkly

Last edited:
I dont know if its an obvious one and im just slow but the sample in skittles by ram trilogy is from 51st state- " Taste the motherfuckin rainbow"!

State of mind - back to the jungle, "all i could think of was getting back in the jungle" is from Apocalypse Now

And hazard - All the Way also samples from that, "will we ever get out of here, absolutely god damn right, unless you were going all the way"

Sappo Pay the Price (Mutated forms remix) Sample where dude is like "This is between me, you.." thats from pulp fiction :D

Distorted Minds - The Warriors..all those samples are from the movie by the same title.

theres a couple from bac in the day taken from carlitos way,1 with al pacino sayin think ur big time???ur guna fucking die big time!!!! an also remmba me??? benny blanco from da bronx(or sumtin like tha)..dunno the name ov the tunes tho
micky finn & aphrodte`s badass was taken from a film called south central l.a,fuckin sick film if u aint seen it!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah talkin bout carlitos way `wen u cant see the angles no more................u in troooooouble..... thas the fuckin film for heavy samples!!!!

i was mixing listening to de la soul the other day and i would have swore that shy fx sampled a bassline from one of they're tunes (i cant remember which one) and used it in plastic soul

i was mixing listening to de la soul the other day and i would have swore that shy fx sampled a bassline from one of they're tunes (i cant remember which one) and used it in plastic soul

I sorta know what you mean. Can't remember the tune either though.

Jamal - Screwheads: Says something about "the scum, the dogs, the filth" and I'm pretty sure it's off Taxi.

killing machine by counterstrike

'He's a killing machine. He cannot be processed, interviewed, charged with a crime, or copped out as a psycho.

the movie "The Hunted"

IM THINKING MAYBE PACMAN - ED RUSH N OPTICAL REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING.....JUST CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON IT. SAME WITH FRICTION N NU BALANCE ROBOCOP.....JUST WON'T COME TO ME

I AM A BIT RETARDED MIND YOU

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom