Resampling?

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
Is it just literally saving the wav of a bass and then adding more to it.. again and again? How does everyone go about this in fruity? Cheers!

i dont bother personally, never really seen the point... cos say you wanna go back and change something in the synth patch... it would be well long to sample it again. the only advantage i see is to save cpu power... or am i wrong???

but yeah anyway... resampling it would be saving it to wav and then importing it

to do it in fruity, make sure youre in pattern mode and export wav... simple as ;)

yeah, but is there a way to load the sample back and use it in the piano roll as if it were a vst? As in like you can change the note lengths etc.

i guess you just draw one long note in the piano roll.... then export that as a pattern.... then load the wav into a new sampler ;)

Yeah make it long enough that you can loop it without pops & crackle, crossfade loop maybe. Then just set the sampler envelope to whatever you need. Saves a lot of CPU, especially with the latest heavy duty softsynths.

Also if you want to experiment you could resample something analogically, like I did a drum verb track: played it from a pair of loudspeakers and recorded with a mic in my bathroom which was at the time being renovated (just a 2m x 2m x 2m cube of concrete). A sick tank-like reverb, and lightyears ahead a vst fx.

there's certain sounds you cannot make in dnb with out re-sampling ! FACT !

Noisia esq reeses have to be made via re-sampling! Re-sampling isn't really about saving cpu it's about bouncing down the b-line or whatever then adding more effects to it etc, bouncing again etc etc ! It's about really fuckin with the sound your working with ! Youw ont get the same sound by just adding the same effects in an FX chain that you ahve used when resampling !

there's certain sounds you cannot make in dnb with out re-sampling ! FACT !

Noisia esq reeses have to be made via re-sampling! Re-sampling isn't really about saving cpu it's about bouncing down the b-line or whatever then adding more effects to it etc, bouncing again etc etc ! It's about really fuckin with the sound your working with ! Youw ont get the same sound by just adding the same effects in an FX chain that you ahve used when resampling !

how??? what does resampling do to the sound??????

I often resample my bass sounds. Just make your basic bass sound and record into a wav by keeping it in pattern mode, I usually record a consistant sound over 4 bars at 170bpm.
Then reload the wav, clone the channel a couple of times and use free filter to separate each channel into different frequency ranges, ie. one for low end sub bass around 55hz, and the other two for mid bass. On one of the mid bass channels, add your chosen effects like reverb or phazer/flanger. this way you get a clean mid bass channel and a distorted mid bass channel, keeps it sounding clean and not too fucked up. If you want a fucked up bass sound, use distortion or tube on the other mid bass channel.
Finally get your volume levels right on each channel and mash together with compression or a limiter. And then re-record into your wav.
After that you can load your wav into a new channel and use the piano roll to make a sequence (y)

nah , ya so dont need to resample , if ya know how to use synths properly , and you have a plugin like camel phat, noisia do resample and it is to save there cpu, ive heard them say that with my own ears, sick synths like reacktor 5 with your own fillters mixed with camel phat = noisia sounding bass,

how??? what does resampling do to the sound??????

It gets really technical and has alot to do with audio artifacts etc and also the way the sound is affected !

If you say have distortion, phase, flange and unison on something effectively what you are doing is processing in a chain and adding each effect to a previously added effect whereas if you only add distortion and then bounce it and then add a different effect the previous sound is benefiting from only being processed individually from each effect, so in a way they are not sharing a sound for processing ! Then as said above you can input into your sampler and mangle even more so in there because there's going to be things your sampler can do that your synth cant !

This is pretty much my take on it after having read loads on re-sampling, there are some technical posts out there about it you just have to find them !

Back
Top Bottom