Warped Vinyl..

dizzzeejungle

Junglist Down Under..
VIP Junglist
Hey everyone

Its getting to be about 30 degrees celcius or more around here every day.

Are all my vinyl going to warp and fuck up ?

Any other warm country wax djs out there? what do you do during summer ?

cheers

:wave:

The best advice I can give is store them upright as straight as possible and keep them out of direct sunlight or any really hot room and you should be fine.
Hope that helps.

fosters - "well you wouldn't like it warm now would ya"

fosters is australian, so i thought it'd match your query just right

fatboy slim uses a fridge to store his records apparently.

Just keep them out of direct sunlight, if you have a skylight above your bed do not leave your records scattered on your bed out of their sleeves, an go out all day... Even if you live in england... As you will come back and rather than them looking like >> | from the side they will look like >> S from the side...

keep them out of sunlight!!

fuct 12 of my tunes bout 5 years ago, stupid mother opened my curtains, letting the sun melt them 2 crazy looking things. :confused::twisted::boxing:

the room temp shudnt warp them really.. but keep them stacked upright and at lowest part in the room

you can warp them back if you heat them really gently then put them in the sleeve and put it under a stack of books.

i did that with my copy of TC's 'Game Over' when it warped. Should have just chucked it though :D

Yeah, no sunlight ever gets in my room (i use the curtains the keep the sun out in summer), it just gets really humid and sticky in here.

Good to know i should be alright !

:wave:

aslong as thier not in direc sunlight. doesnt mater oo much if they get warm i dont hink. ive fucked a few tunes b4 from sunlight and its next to impossible to get them back without using bits of glass and ovens and shit lol. technical stuff.

he tune i fucked was dj craze ft worldwide connect i think. was a sick tune man wen it first come out

You can buy something so that warped vinyl stick better. Its basicaly a slipmat with most of the middle cut out so it grips the edge of the vinyl. (do exactly that, cut middle of an old slipmat out). It works heavy trust me!

that makes no sense atall^^

the problem with a warped vinyl is that your stylus likes to do highjumps.

Not if its warped inwards in the middle, my copy of skyhook that i just got was warped when it arrived but i cant be arsed to sort it out. It just has the edges sticking up on the A side so it doesnt grip properly. Cutting the middle out of my slipmats would probably help, but ive only got 2 so im not gonna fuck around with them.

dj q bert has a guide on how to fix them. Look up the old youtube

I think it was to put it on a glass surface near something hot, and put something semi heavy and glass on top of it. Then mold it back to shape by pressing in from the edges.

my memory may be wrong tho

Back
Top Bottom