Teebee has his say >>>

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Saw this posted up on dogs, looks like he's talking about that site, probably the arena, and the general state of the Drum & Bass scene.

Originally posted by TeeBee
i don't post often,but now I've fucking had it!!!!!!!!!Everyone on this site,and about every other dnb site I've been on for the last week contains of a bunch of hating little mingers,who express their total disbelief in dnb,how shit it is,and how we're doomed straight to hell!!!!/..Well...you need to do something about it then,....For instance,STOP DOWNLOADING,buy records that u like,support the scene for what it is,even if you feel that things are a little down...It is not just about what the scene can do for you ,but what you can put back into it..This is still an UNDERGROUND thing...A really good 12" only sells 6-10000 still..and if anyone else is saying anything else..;THEY ARE LYING!!!!I know my numbers...No one sold out...not Karl,not Fresh,not Andy....We all just do what we belive is gonna take us somewhere...
i love this music....i really do,,.I live this music,breathe it...7 days a week.But honestly..you all make me wanna vomit!!!I do this mainly for me...Because I have to,its a part of me ,its my lifestyle,but i can honestly tell you that having taken a week off -updating myself on the genneral wievs of the public,makes me wanna go on and do something else!!..Even when I'm out and about dj-ing people come to talk to me about how shit the scene is,and how crap it was last week when so and so came by,probably saying the same about me the next week to the next guy.....DON'T ..Unless you've got something good to say,stay off!!.......................................................Sorry..I am soo pissed offff...
:lickface:

he may well have a point but at the end of the day, if people are unhappy with the music then people are unhappy with the music and it doesnt matter how much you tell them they shouldnt be....

D.kay joins in :kermit:

Originally posted by d.kay studio
does any1 here REALLY think, clown step will go pop as in top10 with non dnb music? erm not.
dnb can go commercial but not with reese.
reese can go very popular amongst casual sort of listening to dnb people, cause its easier to grasp. same reason people watch tv and dont read books. its easier.
if u speak to a real pop producer tho, he ll laugh at u, if u say ure scared that ********* will go charts. its not about riffs.
the dance is about riffs, so good riffs get played out.
but thats as far as u can take it. no ********* will sell as much as
any chart song.
there will be dnb "songs" that go chart, but not to the dance. it has happened and will happen again.
i would worry about that if ure a mega pure dnb head, keep it underground.

for the hating, fuck it. no effort in the world will end it.
its based on jealousy and if u end jealousy, u will end the world.
its crucial for evolution. :eek:

and to end it all, ********* will stop, just like the riff+sub formula stopped. remember pulse? sooo many tunes done the same thing, now its about switches. and hell we re having fun doing it sometimes. but not forever. nothing is forever. so stop moaning,
time will take care of everything :teeth:
the proof is that no tune sounds like pulse anymore, tho it was fuckin groundbreaking and a killer back in the day.
rekanize.

words can kill.

ps:
u know i like any kind of style in dnb, or even in music, and im not really worried about anything. if dnb sucks for me, i listen to coldplay. if they suck, i ll go back to dnb. here today, gone tomorrow. music is not reality.

fuck xmas:finger:

:spliff:

Affliction said:
he may well have a point but at the end of the day, if people are unhappy with the music then people are unhappy with the music and it doesnt matter how much you tell them they shouldnt be....

I agree with you there, he's not going to persuade anyone to like the music they hate, but equally the haters won't be able to convince the people they're hating to like the music they hate
At the end of the day if you think you could do it better, DO IT!
Anyone can type words in on a forum, if you really care you'd be doing something about it not sitting at home whining and just expecting it to get better

There's a massive audience full of these people out there waiting for your tunes as well, so there's the market!

I'm not pointing fingers at you btw Affliction, you make good music and that's the action I'm talking about
It's all the guys that don't that get to me
If you want something that bad you'll see that you get it. If you won't even get out your chair then you don't deserve it

As 1992 would say.....

If its not 'ardcore its priced to sell !

I would give my left hairy to go back to those days mate,
when the music was fun & there was no bitchin'

What a load of bollox ! :mad:

Yeah, I think we all need to spend less money and time on buying disposable records and hating on them and more money and time on our studios and our own music. Myself included.

Big tings in '04 for those like us who keep it in perspective and really love the music.

Merry Xmas, btw!!

i agree that just bitching about it and not actively trying to make the scene better is bullshit---if you don't like the tunes being put out at the moment, make your own (which is so much more possible now thanks to all the different software that's available, all you need is some software and a pc, and you can make a tune---) ...don't complain if you're not trying to give back to the scene, too many people just take without putting anything back... :devilslay

All that negative talk about tracks/styles on those boards can get in your head.

"I ain't feelin it" is all thats needed

:violin: <-- Playing a sad song for all the bitchers and whiners out there

If youre not here to party, then GET THA FUCK OUT!

Teebee is right

heres a point, go around telling everyone how great DnB it is, and everyone will think its great- simple mathemathics.
well... unless they hate your guts... well fuck it, just ignore the above....
Whiners will always whine, and let them ffs. Nobodys inviting them to parties.

If you think DnB is crap? - well if you listen to it 24/7 an dont do much else, im sure you can pick a few flaws-

Its all about variation

Im doing a few riff + sub tracks and they sound marvelous- its been a while since they did that, and so i thought id do it- coz its good innit.
Tho that aint all i do- the rest (of my tracks) go from switching to acid to electrofunk

Stop downloading mp3s plz... it just doesnt feel the same as hearing them on the dancefloor, or at your local discDealers emporium.
Plz remember, musicians actually need to live aswell, not just DJs, and *dont* tell me you cant afford it... jus dont.......

Merry fucking Xmas to yall, and shove a spare sock in those whiners (you probably got some fresh pairs, like me)

Last edited:
I personally think variety is the spice of life. Listening to one style of music can become very narrow & doesn't let you expand your love for music as far as it can reach.
I started listening to hip-hop & r&b, then started djing Acid Techno, psy trance & a little hard house. Then moved into D&B. I'm seeing elements of the previous styles I played & listened to been incorporated into D&B at the mo, & it's fucking awsome. In no other music scence in the world do you get some of the most ground breaking drum breaks matched with the sweetest melodies, & the dirtiest bass sounds. Hmmmmm now if you can't find a style of D&B that really does make your hair stand on end and make you enjoy yourself then maybe you need to look around for something else to keep you moving instead of throwing negative thoughts at a scence that has lived true to it's sound from day 1. People are moaning about the 'Big Sound' of now but if you actually look at other producers & delve a little deeper into the music you will see an army of people creating something different & individual with there studio's & time that is just waiting to be heard. A scence doesn't exist soley with 8 record labels, 10 producers, & 3 venues its a global thing & the world is a fucking big place just waiting to be discovered!!
Break

its all this internetting thats the problem. you shouldnt take internet forums that seriously. theyre chuck full of wankers, really. i dont think the general online opinion is reprezentative for the scene at all. a much better way to get updated on whats going on via the internet is getting in contact with the djs to hear what goes down well with the crowds. the forum hating is annoying though, seems like every idiot in the worlds got a modem these days.

logikz said:
its all this internetting thats the problem. you shouldnt take internet forums that seriously. theyre chuck full of wankers, really. i dont think the general online opinion is reprezentative for the scene at all. a much better way to get updated on whats going on via the internet is getting in contact with the djs to hear what goes down well with the crowds. the forum hating is annoying though, seems like every idiot in the worlds got a modem these days.

That's definitely true
I got to say dnbforum definitely holds it down proper! people on here seem to have a lot more respect for opinions

all it really comes down to is taste
different people like different things
some people obviously realize that and some people don't

to me it's all good man
i'll bob my head to pretty much anything cuz i appreciate it as music
i just appreciate music, in any form
it's art

Back
Top Bottom