Beatmatching Drum & Bass

Bloody hell times fly I remember starting this thread. I couldn't beat match for shit use to get well pissed off. The decks nearly went out window few times lol. So glad I'm not back at this stage again.

I was going to make a new thread but I might as well ask this here, how do you guys deal with two tracks with completely different tempos? I've been mixing House/Trance/Electro/etc. for years and most of those songs in the genres stick tight to a certain bpm (like 128 for house).

I've noticed DnB isn't the same. One track might be 160 BpM and another might be 120. Do you guys just skip blending the beats and drop right into the next track?

I was going to make a new thread but I might as well ask this here, how do you guys deal with two tracks with completely different tempos? I've been mixing House/Trance/Electro/etc. for years and most of those songs in the genres stick tight to a certain bpm (like 128 for house).

I've noticed DnB isn't the same. One track might be 160 BpM and another might be 120. Do you guys just skip blending the beats and drop right into the next track?

Eh? What kind of D&B are you mixing?!

Hmmmm, if it's 120 it isn't DnB!!!
And there isn't any DnB as slow as 160 these days, only older jungle stuff would be that slow really.

Another reason to buy "How To DJ Properly (sometimes known as How to DJ Right)" By Frank Broughton. I bought it yesterday and immediately had many questions answered. Here's a tip from the book. Please buy it, these guys aren't advising you to get it just so they don't have to answer your question. See we all know one's slow and one's faster right? then you get pissed b/c you know you're close and just can't get it solid.

"Start with record at zero. it's too slow
you pitch it up to +1, it's still too slow
then you pitch it up to +3 It's too fast
Now you know the correct speed is between +1 & +3.
move to +2 it's just a tiny bit too fast.
Now you know the correct speed is between +1 & + 2. "

If you still can't get it your adjusting your pitch too much. It might be a shitty pitch control on a your hardware or w/e. This book will teach you how to tell if your pitch control is off. I hope I didn't make a mistake posting a small quote. Just trying to promote the book. It will give you 2 months of improvement in 2 days. Then it's on you to keep practicing as I am. Support em, they took the time to write the DJ bible you're looking for.

See little bits of advise like this will make the 15$ book you bought worth $300 in your mind. I wish I knew about this book years ago. All the info I searched out online was too advanced with terms. This book explains them. Other advise was so novice it was common sense. This book delivers. I read almost the whole thing yesterday. Front to back.:pimp:

What?
DnB is usually from 170 - 180, if you want to mix from dubstep to dnb, thaaaats another thing...

This book will teach you how to tell if your pitch control is off. I hope I didn't make a mistake posting a small quote. Just trying to promote the book. It will give you 2 months of improvement in 2 days. Then it's on you to keep practicing as I am. Support em, they took the time to write the DJ bible you're looking for.

See little bits of advise like this will make the 15$ book you bought worth $300 in your mind. I wish I knew about this book years ago. All the info I searched out online was too advanced with terms. This book explains them. Other advise was so novice it was common sense. This book delivers. I read almost the whole thing yesterday. Front to back.:pimp:

I bet this guy wrote the book

Back
Top Bottom