Chill Out Drum N Bass List

Dustek said:
I'm still waiting for a darkside warrior to suggest Noisia or Tech Itch :)

heh, was just having myself a quick mix and found this gem in my stacks:

Predator & Adi J - Drytears / Noisia - Cloudshine [FOKUZLTD002]

that's another amazing mellow track for noisia. it does have a tech-y edge to it but it's far from darkside.

as far as tech itch is concerned ... i think he's a little too :twisted:

actually, check the whole of the fokuz recordings back catalog if you want some amazing chilled out dnb. can't remember for sure but i think they even put out a mix cd that came with one of the 12"s i bought ...

Last edited:
strange, but must be wrong,
nobody posted marcus intalex in here,
others:High contrast, calibre, martyn, breakage, commix, d bridge, shy fx & t power, Q project, drifter, tc1 & stress level, utah jazz, drumajik, AI,... & soooo on!
love them liquid feelings going on these days, it's got a minimal touch nowerdays=)

NO ONE HAS MENTIONED ..........

THE INSIDERS!!!!
ultimate mellow chillers!!!

Also check out The Screamheads as well (they are new but are gonna be big in the near future man!!!)

Stan Phase said:
There are so many good examples of melow D&B...heres just afew to hunt down....

Psychosis by PEshay on Metalheadz ( 1994 ) -classic

AMAZING tune.

check out the entire metalheadz platinum breaks volume 1 album - there are some superb chilled tracks on it. A couple of dark ones too but you can live with those ;)

Cheers for this Thread

Am I'm normal in saying I prefer listening to this chill out form of DNB than the more recent stuff?

What has happened to DNB recently i havent heard a decent tune sinces 2002 lol

It's coming a repetive loud mess

Bring back the chilled intelligent dnb

Lovin' the liquid at the moment, haven't bought any jungle/old skool or hard/jump up DnB in TIME. Been snapping up all this liquid, i especially love those tunes with a rolling bassline.

Q project - obsession (TUNE!!!!!!! infact just buy the the whole ep!!)

Calibre & fats - Drop it down (WICKED BIZANESS!!!)

london leky - different drum (always reminds me of the summer)

alpha omega - chasing dragons (proper deep tune)

Also, dunno if people have checked out nookies new label 'square root', only one release so far but its pretty sick, all about the b side for me with that rolling basslin. First time i've heard of nookie in AGES, got all his old skool tunes (love is, give in to love, return of nookie etc.) but none of his new shit!

I like the Chillout sound of like

Calibre and Onmi Trio and Aquasky

I tried getting into that dark stuff but just really didn't appeal to me sounded like a loud mess to be honest

Pendulum are great

Can somebody explain what liquid is?

May start a thread on the liquid tune recomendations

I have no idea what it is

Cheers

Dj SmurFiE said:
Lovin' the liquid at the moment, haven't bought any jungle/old skool or hard/jump up DnB in TIME. Been snapping up all this liquid, i especially love those tunes with a rolling bassline.

fuck yeah, agreed. drifter, pacific, skc, illogic and raf, klute ... all this crew making massive rolliing bass sweetness, lush atmospheres ... verging on me not calling it liquid cos it drives so hard still.

Back
Top Bottom