The FL Studio thread (share tips, tricks, secrets etc.)

i dont think you can get fruity on mac

could be mistaken tho????

they probably dont make fruity for mac as punishment for apple not letting us have logic ;)

easy peeps.
I'm a bit of a newbie on fl studio 7. i wanna make dnb tunes but am struggling with making decent basslines. I wanna be able to warble basslines but do not know how. Can anyone tell me some step by step instructions?

Big up sdm! Lovin breakneck mate, shame about newyears being somewhat subdued. just got myself onto fruity and was wonderin if you could give us a hand with fx and basslines?

easy peeps.
I'm a bit of a newbie on fl studio 7. i wanna make dnb tunes but am struggling with making decent basslines. I wanna be able to warble basslines but do not know how. Can anyone tell me some step by step instructions?

its in one of these pages on this thread, indi done step by steps for wobbley bassline

Thanks mate. Have been tweakin knobs early into the night and have made loads of progress just through experimentin. How do i upload tracks onto this site?

Im struggling to fit the break into my dnb drum beats. i have the timing on the snare right but think i am using the wrong sounds. The breakbeat part of my loop sounds too acoustic and not quick enuff. I have tried spliting the snares but still dont sound as fast and as rolling as i would like.

Im struggling to fit the break into my dnb drum beats. i have the timing on the snare right but think i am using the wrong sounds. The breakbeat part of my loop sounds too acoustic and not quick enuff. I have tried spliting the snares but still dont sound as fast and as rolling as i would like.

use the fruity slicer for ur breaks.(y)

nice one thanks. This may sound a bit geeky but i really wanna know how to compose a break in the piano roll so i get the shuffling sound of the break for my dnb tracks. Does anyone have an example they can show me?

well the better the computer the smoother it will run, but my computer is jank mate, its just a budget dell jobbie im using at the mo and most of the time i dont have to many problems

and yeah, like reason FL has got everything ya need really, but you can also use other vst plugins with it (unlike reason)

from there site....

Minimum System Requirements

Pentium III or Athlon XP (any processor supporting SSE instructions)

(or) Intel Mac with Bootcamp (running XP or Vista)

Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista (32 & 64 bit)

256MB ram

200MB free harddisk space

Windows-compatible soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO drivers are required for audio recording (FL installer comes with generic Asio4All drivers)

If your system meets the minimum system requirements, it'll be your actual system resources (memory, CPU, ...) that could impose limits on your FL Studio projects.

The faster your CPU the more channels you will be able to run simultaneously and/or the more effects you will be able to use. The more memory you have the larger the samples you will be able to load.

To find out how FL Studio behaves on your machine please download the demo and try it out for yourself.

Its not exactly specific to FL studios but i'm abit of a music geek so I thought i'd share some slightly more advanced musical theory if you've got the basics down an wanna create some more interesting note progressions and phrases. Okay here goes,

Aswell as your basic major and minor 8 note scales there are 100s of other from all over the world which give interesting sounds and qualities. Two fairly common but very interesting other scales are the diminished and augmented scales.

The diminished scale follows the same pattern throughout which is - semi-tone interval, tone interval, semi-tone interval, tone interval etc etc so basically a C diminished scale is as follows: C, C#, D#, E, F#, G, A, Bb, C

Its got like a creepy, crunchy feel to it so it would work well for dark liquid or heavy jump up tracks.

The pattern for a diminished arpeggio is as follows - Minor third interval (3 semi-tones), Minor third interval, Minor third interval etc so a C diminished arpeggio is as follows:
C, Eb, F#, A, C so basically its just a stripped down version of the scale using only the most essential notes

The augmented scale is kinda cool cos it never seems to resolve itself, its a scale which seems to pose a question to the listener (if that makes sense lol)

The pattern for an augmented scale is reallll simple, its just : tone interval, tone interval, tone interval, tone interval etc etc

so a C augmented scale is as follows: C, D, E, F#, G#, A#, C

An augmented arpeggio is as follows: Major third interval (2 tones, 4 semi-tones), Major third interval, Major third interval etc etc

So a C augmented arpeggio is as follows: C, E, G#, C

This post has probably been no help to anyone haha but if you do need me to explain anything further or anythin else related to music theory just gimme a shout yar :chainsaw:

Just sarted learning fruity loops, still bit lost but getting there. I need some more drum kits, theres only one dnb loops that comes with FL7, the thing is i dont want loops i wanna be able to select each drum myself, if u know what i mean.

So id be able to pick a separate snare and kick instead of having to use the ones on the loop to createa beat. Anyone know where i can download drum kits?

Also the sequencer is pissing me off, theres only 4 channels on it, which dont really allow much room for work?!?

theres loads of samples that come with it, have a dig through fruity to find them

or you can get a load of drum hit sample packs here... http://www.breakbeat-paradise.com/bb_samples.php

you can have as many channels as you like, just drag a sample under the bottom one and a new channel will appear

safe 4 that bre, downloaded few kits, not really interested in premade loops wanna make my own sht. I load the drums into slicer and edit on the piano loop, but i cant seem to use sytrus to edit the synth bass i downloaded, you know to make it wobble n all that! Any ideas, you ever used the program 'Massive'?!?

Back
Top Bottom